Araña is a New Orleans-based restaurant that reflects both authentic and modernized Mexican cuisine using techniques inspired by the culinary traditions of the Yucatan.
Overview & Objectives
Araña created the Araña Tequila Society (ATS) to educate, entertain and engage tequila enthusiasts. The free spirits club allows customers to taste Araña’s array of tequilas and receive rewards and exclusives along the way.
In order to generate awareness and gain members, Bond created Tequila Week, a five-day celebration in conjunction with Cinco de Mayo (May 4 – 8, 2015) announcing the launch of the ATS. Tequila Week featured ATS sign-up information, well-known tequila ambassadors crafting inventive cocktails for guests, tequila specials and prizes and throughout the week.
Our goals for this initiative were as follows:
o Generate 100 Tequila Society memberships during Tequila Week (5-day span).
o Record top restaurant attendance and sales during Tequila Week (recorded by week).
o Increase general awareness of Tequila Week, the Araña Tequila Society and its unique offerings among our target audiences.
o Secure local media coverage surrounding Tequila Week and the Araña Tequila Society.
o Increase Araña social media reach and engagement during Tequila Week.
Bond utilized an integrated PR approach comprised of media relations, social media and event planning to create buzz around the Araña Tequila Society while simultaneously celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Bond conducted New Orleans print, online and broadcast media outreach to promote Tequila Week and the launch of the ATS. We executed a series of targeted Facebook/twitter ads and boosted posts promoting Tequila Week and the ATS to generate buzz surrounding Tequila Week and encourage customers to become ATS members. In conjunction with Cinco de Mayo, Bond created Tequila Week (May 4th – 8th) to promote the launch of the ATS and increase membership sign-ups. Tequila Week logistics included:
- Daily on-site tequila tastings were hosted by well-known tequila ambassadors.
- Araña staff managed the “Tequila Society Sign-Up table” to educate visitors and encourage sign-ups (Bond created talking points and flyers for staff members).
- Free “swag” was distributed to ATS members who signed up during Tequila Week.
- Customers who become ATS members during Tequila Week were entered into a drawing to become the “Tequila Society VIP”—this VIP member received $25 monthly bar tabs for one year.
- Music, food and drink specials were available for all restaurant visitors on Cinco de Mayo.
Results & Impact
Tequila Week was a major success for Araña’s social media accounts, in-store foot traffic, positive word-of-mouth, and overall attendance and participation. The following are some key statistics that contributed to the campaign’s success:
- From May 4th – 8th, Araña was able to gain over 150 Tequila Society Members (50+ members over original goal).
- Araña’s sales from May 4th – 8th totaled $30,000, breaking its highest weekly sales record since opening.
- Bond secured 15 media features promoting the Araña Tequila Society and Tequila Week. Select outlets include The New Orleans Advocate, Babes and Beignets, Eater Nola, GoNola.com, MyNewOrleans.com, New Orleans Local, Nola Tidbits, Times Picayune, WGNO-TV, WUPL-TV, WWL-TV and WYES-TV.
- Bond’s Tequila Week posts on Araña’s Facebook page from May 4th – 8th alone had a combined reach of over 18,000, over 650 likes/comments/shares/fans and 1,244 post clicks.
- Total reach increased by 17% to 29,094.
- Total engagement increased by 5% to 1,306 people.
- 511 new Likes, 21 comments, 40 Shares, 88 fans
We won a Public Relations Society of America New Orleans Silver Anvil award for the campaign – the highest award in the industry.
New Orleans HQ
3308-B Magazine Street New Orleans, LA 70115